Friday 30 January 2015

The Discovery of Slowness

My girlfriend bought Eternal Sonata and said I should give it a spin. It has been a long time since I've played a JRPG - last one I played was Final Fantasy XIII a few years back - so it was nice to get back into the swing of things (this usually means me hoarding special items and never using them throughout the JRPG, not even on the final boss).

Playing the opening section I really admired the beautiful colourful graphics. I also found myself enjoying the wistful slow pace as the game as it gently introduced you to characters and concepts. So often now games can be so immediate and hurried that I appreciate a game that takes its time - and being a Hideo Kojima fan shows that I have an almost paranormal patience when it comes to long cut-scenes anyway.

So far I am digging Eternal Sonata, the battle system reminds me of Star Ocean: The Second Story. Dang, now that's a fantastic JRPG I need to replay someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment