Friday 19 December 2014

Twosday

I recently visited my Mum's grave on her birthday and I was struck by an old memory from my childhood about November 24th 1992. It was a Tuesday. But it wasn't just any Tuesday it was the day Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was released for the Mega Drive. Sega marketed the release day with a pun worthy of a genius: Sonic 2sday.

My Mum had quite a busy and stressful job at a law firm, she was always pushed for time. But on Sonic 2sday she used her lunch break to go across town to Virgin games store on Merchant Street in Bristol. Even though it was crazy busy she managed fight her way through and grab a copy of Sonic 2 for me. She spoiled me a lot.

Sonic 2 is by no means my favourite Sonic game (that honour has to go to either the original or Conic CD), but because it always reminds me of my Mum is has a special meaning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment